AQS 100 : Introduction to Aquarium Science
Examines the history of animal keeping and present day aquatic animal husbandry industries. Explores the biological processes occurring in the aquarium environment. Learn proper setup and maintenance of home aquaria.
- Assess the physical, chemical, and biological processes occurring in the aquatic environment.
- Create and maintain suitable aquatic habitats.
- Properly use associated tools and equipment.
- Identify employment venues and information resources.
- Recognize major groupings of fishes and invertebrate species found in the aquarium industry and use appropriate criteria for their selection to aquarium systems.